The “Nyaya Mandir”, means Temple of Justice, is a piece of Byzantine architecture in India. Today it is home to the District Court of Vadodara city in the state of Gujarat. Once Maharaja Sayajirao Gaekwad III asked Robert Chisholm to build a vegetable market in the center of the city, but when Chisholm was done in 1896, he changed his mind and turned it into a Town Hall and later a Court. The Building was inaugurated on 30th November 1896 by Viceroy Lord Elgin on its completion. The building is spread over 4 acres and was called Chimnabai Nyay Mandir in Old time, which cost Rs 7 Lacs. It is a piece of Moorish architecture, which has a huge central hall with a statue of Chimnabai. Its facade has Italian marble tiles. This was the supreme court pre-independence. Baroda’s last ruler Pratapsinhrao Gaekwad gave his final speech before acceding to Indian union, from the balcony of Building.